Balance Your Body Heat With Thandai Milk Shake
The word Thandai means Coolant because it is a balance of milk, nuts, herbs and spices. This amazing combination will help you to balance the body heat during summertime. Thandai is primarily made with milk and almond while other ingredients such as saffron, poppy seeds, melon seeds, rose petals, cardamom, vetiver essence, fennel seeds and sugar are added for taste.
♦ 1 ltr full fat milk
♦ 5-6 tbsp sugar
♦ Few rose petals or dried ones plus some more for garnish
♦ A pinch of saffron strands
♦ Few almonds silvered
♦ Few cashews chopped
♦ Few pistachios chopped (optional)
♦ 2 tsp vetiver essence or water
♦ 10-12 cashew (optional)
♦ 10-12 pistachios (optional)
♦ 1.5 tbsp melon seed
♦ 1 tbsp poppy seed
♦ 1 tbsp fennel seed
♦ 1 tbsp white peppercorn or black peppercorn
♦ 4-5 green cardamom
- Soak all the ingredients that are required for the paste, overnight in water or for 78 hours.
- Strain the mixture in the morning, add the peeled almonds and ground the soaked mixture to a smooth paste by adding a little water.
- Boil the milk until it starts bubbling.
- Add saffron to the bubbling milk and then place it aside.
- Now add some sugar and the grounded paste to the milk.
- Simmer for approximately 4 to 5 minutes until the contents thicken.
- Turn off the stove and add some vetiver water or essence to the thickened mixture.
- Strain the milk and allow it to cool to a room temperature by placing them in mud pots preferably.
- Serve it in tall glasses; garnish it with rose petals and some chopped dry fruits.