Boost your memory power with Spirulina ice cream
Spirulina , an incredible deep sea algae is known for its ability to improve overall brain health. It protects the brain from damage and degenerative diseases that are associated with memory loss. It has the highest neuro-protective effect due to its ability to squelch free radicals and reduce inflammation.
It increases the amount of tryptophan, an essential amino acid that is used by the body to synthesize the brain chemicals serotonin and melatonin that boost the brain activity and improve your mood. It is an essential ingredient for young school kids to revive their brain activity on a regular basis for improved academic performance.
This extraordinary ice cream is a strange but fun way of including spirulina in your diet. Nobody can guess it has spirulina in it.
Serving Size: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon organic spirulina powder
- 1 and 3/4 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Cacao nibs
- Take a blender and add all the ingredients except the Cacao nibs.
- You can also use a wire whisk instead of a blender.
- Blend until the ingredients combine to form a smooth and frothy mixture.
- Pour it into a bowl and put it in the freezer and freeze it for about 4 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, take the bowl out and place it in room temperature. This allows the mixture to thaw naturally, so that it is easy to scoop it out of the bowl.
- Scoop with a medium or large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop.
Serve in individual ice cream bowls. Sprinkle some Cacao nibs on top of each scoop. You can also add some dried black currants for extra flavour.