Sink In To A Light Meal With Roasted Vegetable Medley
For those of you who like a blend of sweetness and savory, the Roasted Vegetable Medley is the apt choice sufficing your taste buds. It is easier to prepare in a few minutes and can be served as a side dish, light meal or best as a tasty salad. You can also substitute any other type of vegetables and herbs that you might have.
2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
1 large yam, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup of baby carrots 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
1 bunch of fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Once tender, remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet itself.
- Toss the roasted peppers together with the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the roasted vegetables, and toss to mix.