Snack On With Low-Fat Blueberry Bran Muffins
Muffins can disappear faster than you can prepare them, due to their rich taste and sugar content. But imagine if you can cook something that is low in fat, healthy and yummy? Now that is a powerful combination that is sure to appeal to every family member. Let us see below how you can prepare these tasty muffins in just a few minutes.
1 1/2 cups of wheat bran
1 cup of non-fat milk
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of blueberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Grease the muffin cups or use paper muffin liners.
3. Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Take a large bowl and mix together the apple sauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
5. Beat in bran mixture. Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.