Stay bonestrong by eating calcium rich whole Urad dal
Whole Urad Dal or Black Gram is rich in Vitamin B and proteins. It is an essential ingredient for every woman as it is rich in iron, calcium, folic acid, magnesium, and potassium. Whole Urad Dal has all the goodness to boost the energy levels in the body to stay active. It has a rich fibre content which aids in proper digestion.
It improves cardiovascular health and reduces bad cholesterol. It also prevents damage to arterial valves. Whole black Urad Dal has excellent potential to sexual dysfunction in males. It also increases the milk production in nursing mothers. This spicy stir fry is an excellent way to add this amazing dal into your daily diet.
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 cup organic whole black urad dal
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds & urad dal for tempering
- 1/4 tablespoon Asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, chopped
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- Few curry leaves
- Place the whole Urad Dal in a bowl and pour enough water to cover the surface of the dal.
- Cover with a lid and leave overnight or for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Take a pressure cooker and add the urad dal with salt and enough water.
- Cook up to 3 whistles, strain the water and keep aside.
- Add oil in a frying pan and heat it on medium.
- Throw in the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add urad dal, curry leaves, dry red chilies, green chilies, and asafoetida.
- Add the chopped ginger
- Finally, add the cooked whole urad dal, salt, and grated coconut.
- Toss well to mix everything and put off the stove and enjoy.
Serve it as a spicy snack on a rainy day along with a cup of masala chai. You can also have it as a side dish for your afternoon lunch.