Vitamin Rich Bajra Khichdi For A Balanced Meal
Khichdi is quite famous with everyone who wants a healthy lifestyle. This dish is a one stop meal for all the nutritional requirements of your body. It is packed with the abundance of vitamins and proteins being found in paneer, moong sprouts and dalia. The vegetable content, masala and curd present in this dish ensure that you not only enjoy a delicious meal but also is healthy in every way.
- 3/4 cup of broken wheat (dalia)
- 1/4 cup of sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 1 stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
- 2 tablespoon of ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tablespoon of green chilli paste
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of low-fat curds
- A little salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 cup of low-fat paneer cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- Low-fat curds (for serving)
Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly in enough water. Drain and keep it aside.
Heat the required amount of oil in a pressure cooker; then add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bayleaf and sauté in medium flame for a few seconds.
Add the broken wheat and moong sprouts and sauté. Cook for 30 seconds in medium flame.
Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, onions, green peas, tomatoes, curds, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and 1½ cup ofs of hot water. Mix it well and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
For the topping, heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan, add the paneer, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.Top the khichdi with sautéed paneer and serve it hot with low-fat curd for added taste.