5 ways to boost immune system without medicines
Image Source: Janes healthy kitchen
Your immune system is just like armour that guards your body against various viruses and bacteria. It does so by creating, storing and distributing the white blood cells throughout the body. So it is important to keep it strong. But, boosting your immune system is not as simple as it seems to be. It is not a muscle which can be made stronger by going to gym and doing some weight training.
There are many factors that play a vital role in strengthening your immune system. But the good news is, strength of your immune system does not depend on your genes, i.e., it is entirely upto you to keep your immune system healthy. So, here are some ways to boost your immune system and that too without any medications:-
- Garlic: Garlic may have some infection-fighting capability and it works against bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Thus, taking garlic in raw form or in form of capsules boosts immunity system and also reduces the risk of cancer.
- Green coffee bean extract: The old saying that “coffee is bad for health” is now only a half-truth. Green coffee bean extract contains chlorogenic acid which acts ns as a true antioxidant, improving the immune system and fighting off diseases. This, in turn, promotes good overall body and digestive health, and keeps off serious viruses
- Ashwashila: Patanjali Ashwashila capsule is a blend of ashwagandha and shilajit. It is a safe and effective natural immune booster which rejuvenates the body cells and also initiates normal body functions. It boosts the immune system of the body and protects the body from bacterial and viral infections. It also promotes cell regeneration and strengthens the body against allergies, asthma and other respiratory infections. It relieves from many types joint pains including arthritis. The most important advantage of ashwashila is that it consists of natural herbs only and thus do not induce any side effect.
- Guduchi: Guduchi capsule is considered as one of the most effective immuno-stimulant. Guduchi is considered to be one of Ayurveda's most famous adaptogens. An adaptogen is substance that supports normal immune function and reduces stress. Thus, Guduchi capsule helps in increasing the productiveness of the white blood cells and ameliorates the body's defense mechanism. It inhibits bacterial growth and elevates the body’s immunity by enhancing the functioning of white blood cells and macrophages. It is also recommended as an adjuvant to patients undergoing chemotherapy. Its aqueous extract has a high phagocyte index, which improves the functioning of white blood cells. Guduchi is also effective in the management of respiratory, skin and soft tissue infections.
- Tulsi: Many people are aware of the fact that tulsi has a lot of medicinal benefits. Tulsi provides relief from respiratory problems, used in the treatment of heart diseases and many more. This makes tulsi one of best medicinal herb ever to be discovered. Icing on the cake is its ability to boost the immunity system of the body. Tulsi induces the proliferation of T cytokines and T lymphocytes (immune cells) and thus, consumption of tulsi in the form of capsule or raw leaf empty stomach boosts immunity. It fortifies the body against almost all types of infections, be it viruses, bacteria, fungi or protozoa. Recent studies concluded that it is also beneficial in hindering the growth of HIV and carcinogenic cells.
ConclusionThe aforementioned methods surely help in boosting your immunity system but doing some exercise on the regular basis along with above methods is to much better option as compared to relying solely on garlic, Guduchi, tulsi or any other substance.