A Breakfast without Bread and Jam Isn’t Complete
Image Source: Fashiondivamommy
During night, as we sleep, the liver keeps working providing energy to the brain and the other organs to keep them going. By morning, the energy reserves in the liver run down and hence, eating a nutritious breakfast to re-fuel the energy is of utmost important.
Kick-start your day with easily digested foods, which will also help the brain get into action. Get yourself started with bread and jam, foods that will help you to meet your chores for the day without the need for un-necessary snacking.
Whereas jelly is made with the juice from fruits, jams on the other hand are made from the pulp of the whole fruit and hence tend to be thicker. Jams of various types are made with different fruits either from sweet or from unsavory ingredients.
Today’s jams retain the nutritional values as compared to the jams which were cooked by our grandmothers when the fruits were cooked for hours, in the process also cooking down all the nutritional ingredients of the fruits too. The addition of sugar and pectin ensures that jams have to be cooked for only some time before they are ready. This helps the jam to retain its nutritional value as well as ensures shelf stability.
- The mere fact that one is using jam, instead of butter or margarine, is itself a big step towards healthy eating. Jams help in maintaining a healthy weight and do not add fat or cholesterol to your body.
- Since it is made with fruit pulps, it is loaded with the antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals present inherently in the fruits. The antioxidants have cancer fighting properties and reduce the risk of different cancers like stomach, mouth and colon-rectum cancer.
- The fruit content of jams, with all its health benefits, also reduces the risks of any cardiovascular disease like heart attacks and strokes.
- Including jams with your breakfast in the morning makes a great source of energy and fiber. They help to eat less during the day and kill food cravings though, this is not true in case the jam is made of high fructose corn syrup. Jams also ensure that there is lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
- The pectin present in the fruits is modified when the fruits are heated during processing of jams. The modified pectin has many health benefits most notable being the reduction in the chances of developing cancer. It also has positive benefits for the skin, hair and fingernails, helps the body in forming red blood cells and reduces diverticulitis and constipation.
- Including jams during breakfast also helps to lower blood sugar and heal cuts and wounds.
Completing your breakfast with jams that have been made with fresh fruits, contains healthy ingredients and have been produced properly is a great way to start your day and also a great way to make a difference in your health. Click here to make a healthy selection of jam for your breakfast.