A Healthy Heart For A Healthy Life Is Not A Lot To Ask
Image Source: Hex Vine
Most of the cardiovascular diseases occur due to wrong lifestyle habits or by leading a stressful life. People who follow a good lifestyle like eating healthy, sleeping regularly as well as exercising regularly have healthier hearts than who make foolish choices of neglecting these concerns.
Foods that can help your heart
- Oat- Oatmeal is rich in soluble fibers. This is a primary weapon to destroy the harming cholesterol, which is the main reason behind strokes. The fiber present in oatmeal forms a protective sponge-like layer in your digestive tract. This layer absorbs the harmful cholesterol thereby restricting it from entering the bloodstream.
- Berries- Berries like blueberries, strawberries are highly beneficial for a healthy heart. They are an excellent alternative to unhealthy snacking habits. In addition, berries contain flavonoids, which are antioxidants and help in decreasing blood pressure and dilate blood vessels, thereby reducing the chances of heart blockage.
- Dark chocolate- dark chocolates are good for your heart. Dark chocolate made up of 60-70% cocoa are more beneficial. In fact, several studies have revealed that daily chocolate consumption reduces chances of heart attack. Dark chocolates are storehouses of flavonoids called polyphenols, which reduces blood pressure, blood clotting and inflammation of vessels.
- Nuts- Nuts are again soldiers, which can fight bad cholesterol in your body due to the presence of high amounts of fiber in them. All types of nuts contain good-for-heart fiber and vitamin E, which lower the level of bad cholesterol in your body. Walnuts also contain omega 3 fatty acid, which is superb for your heart.
How to keep your heart healthy
- Quit Smoking- Until now, you have avoided the “smoking is injurious to health” advertisements. However, nothing harms your heart more than smoking. It causes coronary heart diseases. Give up smoking if you want to make your heart stronger and your life happier. You can make use of anti-smoking
- Exercise- Any kind of exercise is good for your heart. Even brisk walking regularly can help reduce your chances of getting a stroke.
- Manage weight- Studies have revealed that obese people have a higher possibility of suffering from heart diseases. So if you are overweight then attempt to reduce and maintain a uniform weight to make your heart healthy.
- Say no to alcohol- Alcohol contains calories, which can get you gain weight, which is again harmful to your heart.