Arthritis Pulling You Back From Life’s Joy – Say Bye-Bye To It
Image Source: Shorelineortho
Arthritis is an extremely painful ailment affecting older people. There are many reasons why arthritis can occur but there are common remedies to eliminate it. Here’s all you need to know to fight arthritis effectively.
Arthritis: Causes and remedies
As mentioned before, there are many reasons why arthritis can occur. Literally, arthritis is the condition of inflammation of the joints. There are over 100 types of arthritis caused due to different factors. The most common reasons include:
- Wearing out of the cartilage tissue between joints.
- Attack on the synovium tissue in the joints by the body’s immune system.
- Lack of calcium on the body.
- Soya: For those who are vegetarians and do not consume fish, soy is the best alternative to fight arthritis especially rheumatoid arthritis. Sources of soy include soy milk, soy beans and soy yogurt to name a few. These are low in fat content and hence can be consumed by those who are diet conscious as well. They also have significantly high amounts of protein and fiber which is beneficial to the body. Soy is said to reduce the pain as well as the inflammation that is caused by arthritis.
- Olive oil: Natural and organic olive oil is one of the best oils to combat arthritis. They contain oleocanthol, which is anti-inflammatory in nature, thus reducing inflammation and pain. It is similar to steroids or drugs but has absolutely no negative side effects. It also contains heart healthy fats and antioxidants that protect the body from many diseases, including cancer.
- Dairy products:As mentioned earlier, one of the reasons why arthritis occurs is due to malfunctioning of the immunity system. Dairy products like milk and cheese are rich in calcium and essential vitamins which not only help increase bone strength but also boost the immune system. It also facilitates calcium absorption in the body.
- Green tea: Green tea is your sure shot solution to so many different disorders and ailments and arthritis is no different. It is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols which curbs the destruction of cartilage and also reduces inflammation. For those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, the antioxidant EGCG blocks molecules that may cause damage to the joints.