Best diet for arthritic patients
Image Source: Thejointnc
Arthritis is a painful illness. It starts at a very early age. There is no way to completely cure arthritis. Medication and exercise are a must. Along with it, a right diet can also aid to feel better.
Arthritis is a pain of the joints of different bones in the body. Along with pain, other symptoms of Arthritis are inflammations in the joints, redness of joints and even fever. There is a certain routine which Arthritic people need to follow. They can live a pain-free life only if they follow a healthy routine in life. There are certain foods which arthritic people should avoid, and there are some which are a must for arthritic patients.
- Fish- fishes contain omega 3 fatty acids. Fatty acids help in fighting inflammation. They should be included at least twice a week. Three to four ounce of fish high in omega 3 like salmon and tuna is a must for the diet. These fishes are best for rheumatic arthritis.
- Soy is a good alternative for fishes. If you cannot have these fishes, soya food products like tofu are a great alternative. They are high in protein and fibre which the body requires. Not only is soy good for joint health but also for the heart. If arthritic patients have both, fish and soy it will be very useful.
- Oil- food cannot be cooked without oil. Opt for extra-virgin olive oil. Olive oil contains oleocanthal. Oleocanthal is a property which is incorporated in anti-inflammatory Walnut oil is also great. It contains Omega 3 fatty acids which are great for arthritic patients.
- Cherries fight gout attack. Cherries and other kinds of berries like cranberry, blue and blackberry and even strawberry contain anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are great inflammation fighters.
- Calcium and Vitamin D is good for arthritic patients. Products like low-fat milk and other dairy products increase bone strength which is very important for arthritis. Vitamin D has also the capacity to boost the immune
- Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C, K and D. It contains sulforaphane, which stops or slows the process of osteoarthritis. Vitamin D on the other hands makes bones strong.