Constipation And Skin Issues
Image source: Natural Mentions
You may find it surprising and hard to believe but skin issues also occur due constipation, and the two terms are well connected. Skin is the largest waste removing organ of our body, the others being lungs, kidneys, and colon. These skin issues cannot be simply shooed away with some cream, gel, and ointment since they’re related to your stomach.
Constipation is experiencing less than three bowel movements in a week, causing hard stools, abdominal pain and more. It is not only a problem in adults but young children too. Constipation being a serious issue should not be ignored. It not only affects the bowel movement but leads to various other body issues and diseases too. It can cause various skin issues like spots, freckles and marks which may damage your skin cells. Constipation can be medicated, but a few natural tips can save you from visiting the doctor and avoid it.
Reasons for constipation
Constipation takes place due to waste generation in our body. The combustion from food and oxygen in our body creates energy and releases a lot of waste products solid (undigested food, dead cells, and bacteria), liquid (water soluble minerals and chemicals) and gaseous (carbon dioxide) in the state. As food goes through your colon, your body takes in the water from it, and what's left forms into the stool. Your muscles push it through the colon to the rectum, where you pass it out. When this movement slows down, the colon draws too much water. Thus, stools get dry and hard to pass, causing constipation.
Why does constipation affect skin the most? The answer to this question is when the body tries to remove toxins through other waste removing organs, as the colon is ineffective when you are constipated, the system attempts to eliminate the toxins through kidneys and skin causing skin issues like marks, freckles, and spots.
Natural remedies for constipation
- Eat healthily - The very first step to avoid constipation is to eat healthy food.
- Get enough fiber – Your body is to be fed with enough fiber from fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to keep your stool soft.
- Avoid polished grains - Avoid polished grains like white rice, polished wheat,
- Exercise – Going to bed straight after lunch and dinner is one of the main reasons for constipation. Maintain gap between dinner and sleep, exercise a little.
- Drink, drink, drink – No we’re not talking about your favorite soft drink or soda but water. Drink lots of water for speedy digestion.
The only way to get rid of constipation and skin issues is to keep your colon clean. Click here to browse through more varieties that JBN has in stock for you.