Control your cholesterol with special green tea
Image Source: Greenmedinfo
Cholesterol is our health’s prime villain. It chokes our arteries and escalates the risk of stroke and heart disease. Our dietary intake largely controls the levels of cholesterol buildup in our bodies. Fatty food and zero exercising makes cholesterol stick to walls of arteries, thus slowing of blood flow towards heart. There are certain advisable foods and herbal supplements that can help prevent cholesterol issues.
The latest in the bracket of nutritious diets is green tea that significantly controls cholesterol. Here we would discuss the benefits of green tea and its role in bringing down the levels of cholesterol. Read ahead –
What is inside Green Tea
Green tea oozes with antioxidants like polyphenols. The presence of this constituent helps in absorption of intestinal cholesterol and initiates its expulsion from body. They are made of unoxidized leaves and are amazingly healthy. Polyphenol helps in protecting neurological and cardiovascular effects.
They have peculiar flavor and usually disliked by people in first attempt. The best way is to keep on trying different varieties so as find the right one.
Special Green Teas for Lowering Cholesterol
- Dandelion Tea - Dandelion tea is a potent tea that is able to regulate the levels of cholesterol and uric acid in the blood. It has enough diuretic properties that eliminates body’s toxins and reduces LDL. Drink not more than two cups daily.
- Rooibos Tea - Rooibos tea contains a chemical compound known as ‘lovastatin’. This chemical compound regulates triglycerides and treats bad cholesterol. Regularly drink two cups for three weeks and feel softening of your stiffened arteries.
- Milk thistle tea - Milk thistle tea is known for lowering bad cholesterol and for increasing good cholesterol. Three cups of this tea is recommended for daily consumption.
- Chamomile tea - Chamomile tea, apart from controlling the cholesterol, prevents the formation of blood clots. It is good for heart and improves overall health.
The right way to drink green teas
- Indeed, green teas are beneficial for multiple reasons. However, they should not be taken randomly or in abundance. Health experts recommend that green teas of various flavors should not be taken more than two cups daily.
- It is also suggested that don’t drink single variant of green tea for too long. Rather, drink one flavor for a week or two and then switch to another one.
- Couple up green teas with other natural remedies like healthy meals, ideal weight, exercising etc for better results
- A healthy individual can tolerate green teas easily. Those suffering serious heart ailment, stomach ulcer, kidney disorder, or psychological upheaval, should avoid its intake.
- Excessive intake of green teas can cause dizziness, insomnia, heart palpitations and irritability.
- Those on medications should consult doctor before consuming green tea.
Click here to know about special green teas that promise to get you rid of cholesterol buildup.