Counter Childhood Obesity the Organic Way
Image Source: Asmarterbeginning
Childhood obesity is a medical condition in which a child weighs more than what he should actually weigh according to his height. This condition arises due to genetic factors. More than 200 genes have direct relation with weight of the body as they control metabolism and activity rate in body. Obesity is more harmful for children than for adults because it induces a lot of diseases in obese children which, otherwise would have occurred a much later in their life. These diseases include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart diseases
- Skin infections
Not only this, obese children have greater risk for cancer of the colon, esophagus, pancreas, gall bladder, thyroid, and cervix, and also Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Getting rid of obesity does not necessarily involve taking expensive treatments. It can also be achieved if one follows following tips:
- Take your breakfast timely without any fail. Breakfast provides you with energy to which gets you going throughout the day and is most important meal of the day.
- Take a mixture of honey and lukewarm water daily in the morning empty stomach. This will keep you hydrated and energized at the same time.
- In lukewarm water, mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and drink this mixture as an alternative to honey and lukewarm water
- Take fennel seed water daily two to three times a day. Fennel seed water boosts the metabolism rate of the body, which increases the rate of burning calories. It also suppresses hunger by relaxing stomach muscles. It also prevents fat from accumulating in the liver.
- Plan your child’s diet such that it is rich in green leafy vegetables. Because they are good source of vitamins and minerals and are not high in calories.
- Soak some Indian plum leaves for seven to eight hours in water and drink that water in the morning. Continue this procedure for one month and result will be in front of your eyes.
- Amino acid is best when it comes to reducing appetite and the best source of amino acid for breakfast is Indian millet, more commonly known as ragi. It is digested at a very slower rate by the body, so carbohydrates present in ragi remain in the body for longer time, which in turn reduces the desire to eat more food.
- Increase the consumption of cabbage in your diet, cabbage does not burns fat itself, but it cuts down on calorie intake and can be easily substituted with a high-calorie diet.
There are some medicines to treat childhood obesity available in the market. But it is better not to buy them because they have side effects and also they are not much effective. Sometimes, use of these medicines worsens the case. Thus, it is best to opt for natural ways to tackle your child’s obesity.Natural methods can address obesity without causing any side effects. They are also free from any type of chemicals. They do cause any hindrance to natural functioning of the body. The benefits of these simple home remedies are known from quite a long time now and there should not be any hesitation in going for natural ways only to treat your child’s obesity.