Dealing with anxiety
Image Source: Divasemfrescura
Being anxious when something big is going to happen or when you face a tough situation is normal and takes place with every other individual but unreasonably being anxious or tensed is a mental health disorder referred as anxiety disorder. This is nothing much but a feeling that constantly keeps on going through your body and mind and affects your quotidian lifestyle. Some of the prominent symptoms which have been observed are:
- Problem in sleeping
- Coldness, numbness and sweat on hands/feet
- High heart beat rate
- Short breath and dry mouth
- Nausea and Dizziness
The above mentioned symptoms are some of the many symptoms which are commonly observed. Anxiety can be broadly classified into four main heads. They are:
- Panic Disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- General anxiety disorder
Anxiety can be deleterious, so before it gets worse here are some ways to deal with it:
- Keep a check on your diet: Incorporate in your diet foods with high antioxidants like blueberries, they help in lowering hormones responsible for tension or stress. Food rich in magnesium and potassium should be chosen as they have been proved in lowering stress level. Products like alcohol, coffee (caffeine) and sugar should be avoided.
- Regularly Exercise: A brisk walk for 15-20 minutes daily is the key for good health. Try Yoga or indulge in zumba or do gym. Try to meditate and keep your mind at peace as much as possible. Try taking deep breaths; hold it till four and then release. Practice this as soon as you feel anxious.
- Do what you love: Choose what you like and do what you want to. Indulge yourself in your hobbies like singing, dancing, cooking, painting, listening to music or reading a book. Do whatever you feel like.
- Keep away for some time and be at home or a place you like: Of you are at home take a bath or a massage.
- sleep.sleep: Make it your habit to sleep at same time and get up at the same time.”Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”, follow this golden rule and keep yourself away from anxiety. If possible then try not to watch TV or work on computers and laptops before sleep. A glass of water before sleep reduces the chances of heart stroke.
- Face your fear and get real: Have courage enough to face your fear and once you face it its gone forever. If you get real that yes I can do it you definitely can. Never say WHY me, say TRY me.
- Consult a doctor or take antidepressants: If nothing helps, take professional help. He/she might recommend supplements to counter stress.
For find out more about organic methods to beatstress, click here.