Diabetes: Symptoms, Causes, Natural Treatment At Home
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a common life-long health condition. Diabetes is the disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and the production of large amounts of urine. There are three types of diabetes-
1-Diabetes Type 1- There is no insulin to unlock the cells
2-Diabetes Type 2- the body does not produce enough insulin or the insulin that is produced does not work properly.
3-Gestational diabetes-This type affects females during pregnancy.
Insulin is one of the main hormones that regulates blood sugar levels and allows the body to use sugar (called glucose) for energy. Diabetes can strike anyone, from any walk of life. When someone has diabetes, their body can’t maintain healthy levels of glucose in the blood. It can also appear during pregnancy. Patients with high blood sugar will typically experience, they will become increasingly thirsty and hungry.
Common symptoms include:
- Being more thirsty than usual
- Frequent urination
- Lack of interest and concentration
- Blurred vision
- Vomiting and stomach pain
- weight loss (type 1)
- putting on weight (type 2)
- Slow-healing wounds
- Feeling dizzy
- Mood swing
- Dry mouth and itchy skin
Causes of diabetes
Diabetes causes vary depending on your genetic makeup, family history, ethnicity, health and environmental factors. There is no common diabetes cause that fits every type of diabetes.
Causes of Type 1 Diabetes-
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Chemical toxins within food
- Unidentified component causing autoimmune reaction
Causes of Type 2 Diabetes –
- Living a sedentary lifestyle
- increasing age
- Bad diet
Causes of gestational diabetes-
- Family history of gestational diabetes
- Overweight or obese
- Suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome
- Have had a large baby weighing over 9lb
Home treatment for Diabetes-
- Green tea- Green tea one of the most valuable drink on planet. Green tea helps to prevent diabetes. Drink a cup of green tea on an empty stomach daily in the morning before your breakfast; is good for overall health.
- Bitter gourd- Bitter gourd, also known as bitter melon, can be helpful for controlling diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effects. Bitter gourd perfectly reduces sugar levels in the body. Take two or three bitter gourd use grinder and make juice and mix some water in it and consume in morning on daily basis. You can have some dishes of bitter gourd.
- Indian gooseberry (Amla) - The Vitamin C present in Indian gooseberry (Amla) promotes proper functioning of the pancreas. You can Take Indian gooseberry in any form like- murabba, Juice, and pickle. It helps to keep away from diabetes. Repeat this remedy daily for few months to control diabetes.
- Fenugreek seeds- The fenugreek seeds can be soaked in water overnight and should be taken early in the morning before your breakfast. The seeds can also be powdered and mixed with milk. Fenugreek seeds are rich in fiber so it is best for diabetes. Consume this drink daily in the morning on an empty stomach to keep your blood sugar level in control.
- Herbal supplement- There is many organic herbal supplement products which can help you in diabetes. Talk to your doctor before adding any new pill to your regimen, especially if it has the potential to lower your blood sugar.