Fatty breakfast vs. low fat breakfast
Image Source: Thebarebeauty
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it is the first meal we eat after we waking up, your breakfast should give you enough energy to start your day tirelessly and at the same time, it should contain nutrients to improve your health. When you eat breakfast rich in fats, you get the amount of energy you require to kick start your day, but your body is not able to get essential nutrients from the breakfast because only one nutrient is in abundance in your breakfast– fats. Also, the saying “excess of everything is bad” is applicable to nutrients including fats too. Consuming too much fats and carbohydrates increases your insulin levels and increase your waist size!
So, you should eat a low-fat breakfast which is rich in a number of nutrients, but do not contains any nutrient in excess. Some choices for a healthy low-fat breakfast are:
Poha is made from dried rice flakes. Fermentation taking place during the process of drying enriches the poha with good-for-your-health bacteria. Poha can be mixed with a number of ingredients to prepare a breakfast loaded with nutrients and energy. The benefits of eating poha in your breakfast are:
- Poha provides you with enough carbohydrates to start your day in a healthy way. Also, poha is one of the best sources of fibre and thus, it helps to clean your body from inside.
- Iron is very essential for our body. Poha is loaded with enough iron content to meets your daily body requirements of iron. This increases haemoglobin in your blood, thus increasing the oxygen carrying capacity of blood, which has numerous benefits for your body.
- Poha is the first choice of people who want to shred some weight, but do not have time to hit the gym. Poha improves the digestion process of your body andhelps body to digest all the fats. Thus, poha prevents fat to accumulate in your body ensures that all the fats in the body are digested and don’t accumulate. Its high carbohydrate content ensures that your appetite is satisfied and makes you feel full for longer.
Ragi is one of the most nutrient-rich cereal grains grown in India. Ragi flakes are full of proteins, fibers, amino acids, and vitamins. It is not surprising that more and more people are adopting it as daily meal. The benefits of including ragi flakes in your breakfast are:
- Diabetic patients get their sugar levels raised upto alarming levels after eating their meal. But that is not the case with ragi as it do not hikes your sugar levels. The reason behind this is high content of dietary fiber and polyphenol in it. Ragi keeps your blood sugar in check y reducing the digestibility of starch in the blood.
- Ragi is elixir for people with high cholesterol. It brings down the cholesterol levels by improving the functionality of liver. It prevents excess fat to accumulate in liver. It thus reduces the risk of heart problems also.
- Amino acids are regulators of proteins that carry out most of the building, maintenance and repair work in the body. As such, they are incredibly important and ragi contains a whole host of these. The amino acid Isoleucine assists in the formation of bones, muscles and blood while Valine helps in repair of tissues. An uncommon amino acid not found in other cereals but present in ragi is Methionine which helps in trimming fat from the body and provides the body with the valuable mineral sulphur.
- Ragi is also good for people who want to keep their weight in check. It is low in calories, high on fiber, proteins, satisfies your appetite and loads you with energy.
- Owing to the presence of the amino acid Tryptophan, ragi calms your nerves and makes you feel relaxed. It also treats anxiety upto some extent
- Corn Flakes:
Corn flakes provide a lot of health benefits and are most widely used in breakfast than any other healthy food. It is rich in carbohydrates and fiber, making it a great option to consider for your breakfast.Breakfast, being the most important meal of the day, should fulfill your body’s nutritional requirements and at the same time it should taste good so that you may not feel like taking a medicine for breakfast.