Following These Simple Instructions Prevent Urinary Infections
Image Source: Steptohealth
Urinary Tract Infections infects the urinary tract and affects the structures involved in the process of eliminating urine from the body, infecting the kidneys, the ureters, the bladders or the urethra. Though in most cases bacterial infection is the main cause of urinary infections, fungi and viral infections of the tract are also seen sometimes.
Symptoms of Urinary Infection
- Burning sensation when you try to urinate
- Very frequent urges to urinate though very little urine comes out
- Constant pain and pressure in your lower abdomen or your back
- Dark and foul-smelling urine
- A constant feeling of being tired
Preventing Urinary Tract Infections
Only the one who has experienced urinary infections will be able to understand the pain which is associated with this disease. The trauma of wanting to pass urine but unable to relieve oneself completely along with the burning caused while passing whatever little urine that this ailment allows you to pass, is incomparable to any other ordeal.
Once you experience the symptoms of urinary infections, immediately take steps to prevent urinary infections by following these natural remedies.
- Drink, Drink and Drink Water
Most of the remedies for tackling UTI involves drinking fluids which helps in flushing out the bacteria from your system. It also gives you to pass out something when you want to urinate. So, as soon as you get even a tiny hint of UTI, start drinking like a fish, literally. Drink your normal eight glasses of water and then keep drinking which will help you to prevent this rather painful infection as you keep clearing your urinary tract.
- Urinate Frequently
Holding the urge to urinate or avoiding the toilet increases the growth of bacteria and with it the chances of bacterial infection. So urinate frequently, even if it is little, and help your system to flush out the bacteria.
- Diuretics – Parsley Water and Celery Seeds
Diuretics can treat many problems one of them being urinary infections. Include these natural remedies to prevent urinary infections.
- Parsley water acts as a diuretic leading to an increase in the output of urine and thereby speeding up the healing of UTI. Boil 1 – 2 cups of water and add a cup of parsley and allow it to simmer for some time. Strain the water and drink it.
- Chewing celery seeds also helps to increase the production of urine. Chew celery seeds after meals, once or twice a day. In addition to helping you with your UTI, it will also aid in digestion.
- The Miracle of Baking Soda
Baking soda is known to help you with any ailment – from heartburn to even UTI. Being an alkaline substance, it can neutralize the acidity in your urine. The burning sensation, during UTI, which you would feel while urinating can make you reluctant to go and urinate.
Take baking soda to help you with your discomfort. Stir one teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water and drink this first thing every morning; for those avoiding salt, don’t continue after a week as baking soda has a high content of sodium.
- Load up Vitamin C
The more vitamin C that you take, the more acidic the urine, which prevents the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract. So eat foods that are rich in Vitamin C and prevent urinary infections with natural remedy.
The Indian Gooseberry or Amla, due to its vitamin C rich content, is effective in dealing with UTI. In a cup of water boil one teaspoon of gooseberry powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Boil until half of the water has evaporated. Drink this water at least three times a day for 4 – 5 days.
Other fruits rich in vitamin C are lemons, oranges, melon, kiwi, tomatoes, papaya and guava.
- Tea Tree Oil
The antibacterial properties of tree tea oil help to fight the bacterial infection in UTI.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your bath water and wash your urethra opening with this water.
- You can also mix equal amounts of tree tea oil, juniper oil and sandalwood oil. Rub this mixture once daily for 3 – 4 days on your abdomen and also on the area near your bladder to reduce the pain.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil and two teaspoons of plain yogurt in warm bath water and soak yourself in it for 10 minutes. Follow this regime for ten days to prevent urinary infections with natural remedy.
Even though urinary infections are common, immediate steps to treat the infection are very essential to prevent the damage of the kidneys likely to be cause by the infection of the urinary tract. So follow these simple natural remedies to prevent urinary infections.