Gulp a mug of chocolate because it is actually good for you
Image source: Getty Images
Chocolates have both positive and negative effects yet in the minds of people it’s always “Say NO to Chocolate”. Dark chocolates include in them multitudinous nutritional values and have apositive impact on thebody.
Chocolates are composed of tropical Theobroma cacao seeds which were used by Olmec civilization in the prehistoric times. Later chocolate became famous in Asia, Europe and worldwide.
As per the latestresearch, even milk (white) chocolates provide with nutrients and are good for health like it lowers chances of aheart problem.
Health benefits of Chocolates:
- Reduces risk of stroke: Chocolates contain flavonoids. The antioxidants of these flavonoidshelpto prevent stroke risks. As per a study “women who ate more than 45 grams of chocolate in a week had 20 times fewer chances of stroke.”
- Boosts heart health: Chocolate’s anti-inflammatory quality lowers blood pressure, reduces the chances of heart attacks and lowers LDL cholesterol. It oxidizes bad cholesterol and raises the level of HDL cholesterol and insulin sensitivity.
- Fills up: Chocolates contain in them 11 grams of fiber which remains in thebody for a longer period of time thus helps us keeping full and less hungry all the time. Dark chocolates are better than milk chocolates in this case and may also help in reducing craving for sweets, fatty and spicy foods.
- Improves memory: Scientists have proved that drinking 2 cups of hot chocolate per day may help in keeping thebrain healthy and prevent memory decline. Chocolates keep the blood flowing in different working areas of thebrain.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants: Unprocessed cocoa seeds have thehighestamount of antioxidants. Dark chocolates have aheavy amount of flavonoids which prevent the body cells from damage due to regular body activities.
- The reason for glowing skin: Flavonoids present in dark chocolates prevent the skin from UV rays thus protecting it against skin damage.
- Mood booster: Consuming chocolates can reduce stress level, has been proved by various researchers.
- Improves eyesight
- Can cure cough
- May help in reducing weight
If chocolate is combined with milk or taken as a drink, it does not lose its health benefits rather the nutritional value of milk is combined with it. If you do not want cow/buffalo milk, alternatives like soy and almond milk are available in the market.
Benefits of chocolate milk:
- Restores Vitamins
- Helps keeping body hydrated
- Source of protein to the body- Bodybuilding
- Boosts carbohydrate supply to various parts of body like liver and muscles
- Post workout drink- Supplies energy
- Source of calcium