How to Maintain a good sleep pattern?
Image Source: Fitness Care
Every time someone notices the dark circles under your eyes, they ask showing a lot of concern "you don't look so well". Well, that is the look that sleep deprivation or lack of sleep gives you. Now, the hours you spend in your bed eyes closed don't define the quality of sleep.
- Factors that have an effect on your quality of sleep.
- Excessive consumption of Caffeine
- Over stressing
- Lack of physical exercise.
- Not following an appropriate sleep pattern/schedule.
Now, if you have that 8 hour (which actually takes more than just 8 hours) job, then probably you can't do anything about the first three reasons. Taking medication just to get proper sleep is definitely not an option.
Workload won't let you get away from stress; the same would give you no time for the gym, and no caffeine is equal to no work efficiency. Although, following an appropriate sleep pattern can help you get the quality sleep and rejuvenation. Always remember that all your body needs are 8 hours of sleep in every 24 hours.
- How to know that your sleep pattern/schedule is not efficient.
- You don't feel refreshed when you wake up in the morning.
- The 2-hour sleep you get at noon becomes a need.
- Staying awake till 6:00 am becomes easier than waking up at 6:00 am.
- Laziness all throughout the day.
- Your sleep can be divided into 3 parts.
- Sleep (or light sleep).
- Deep sleep.
Based on the above 3 parts, your sleep pattern can be tracked. There are Smartphone apps that can help you doing so. These apps record your body movements, and the sounds produced while you are subconscious or unconscious.
- Ways to develop a healthy and efficient sleeping pattern.
- Track your current sleeping pattern.
You can change your sleeping pattern only if you know what and how you need to change it. The Smartphone apps give you a graph based on the intensity (awake, light sleep, deep sleep) of your sleep with respect to the number of hours passed.
- Make it a strict habit of going to sleep and waking up at the same time all the days of the week.
No app or software can work better than the internal clock of your own body. So if you have the habit of going to bed late in the night on Fridays and waking up late during the weekends, then there are some serious changes you need to do with your schedule. (P.S. This might help you get more friendly with the cruel and brutal Monday mornings ).Eat healthily and stay fresh all day long. Click here to browse products for better sleep.