Is Green Tea Good For Health? Health Benefits
Image source- fitnessandhealthadvisor
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. Green tea is a product made from the Camellia sinensis plant. It can be prepared as a beverage, which can have some health effects. Or an “extract” can be made from the leaves to use as medicine. Green tea mostly used as a medicine for many years, widely used throughout Asia this green tea has a multitude of uses from lowering blood pressure to preventing cancer. Taking green tea by mouth or applying it to the skin seems to reduce cervical dysplasia caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) infection. People have been drinking organic green tea for centuries, and today it's the second most popular drink in the world (after water). There are many health benefits of green tea.
- Heart disease- Population studies suggest that drinking three or more cups of green tea daily is linked to a decreased risk of death from heart disease or any cause. Scientists think green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. Early research suggests that applying a solution containing a certain chemical found in green tea to the skin for 8 weeks reduces acne also.
- Diabetes- Research suggests that Japanese adults, particularly women, who drink 6 or more cups of green tea daily, have a lower risk of developing diabetes. Green tea amazingly helps to regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. Drinking green tea for diabetes is a helpful to people with diabetes because tea contains substances called polyphones, which help to support many of the body’s systems.
- Stomach cancer- There is inconsistent evidence about the effects of green tea on stomach cancer risk. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them. Green tea is alleged to boost weight loss, reduce cholesterol, combat cardiovascular disease, and prevent cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Weight loss- The polyphone found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories. Green tea is alleged to boost weight loss, reduce cholesterol, combat cardiovascular disease, and prevent cancer and Alzheimer's disease. So we should use one or two cup green tea to lose weight.
- Depression- It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers. Researchers know that green tea is an incredibly rich source of antioxidants, but its depression-fighting properties can be traced to an amino acid known as thiamine, so we should use one or two cup green tea to prevent depression.