Live a stronger, leaner and a healthier life with crispy corn chips
Corn flakes are rich in folate which is responsible for the formation of new cells. They contain iron, proteins, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. They also have Thiamine which plays an important role in energy production and cognitive functions. Corn flakes are low in calories and have zero cholesterol which makes you feel full for several hours. Corn flakes are an excellent snack choice for people who try to lose weight.
This recipe tastes yummy and is a guilt-free snack choice that can be relished any time of the day. It is a great snack choice for your TV time. You can have this healthy snack instead of devouring unhealthy pizzas and French fries.
Serving size: Makes about 500gms of chips.
- 1 1/2 cup organic corn flour/ Masa Harina
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes
- Lukewarm water
- Take a bowl and sieve both the flours.
- Add olive oil, salt, dried mint and chilli flakes to the flour mixture and mix together.
- Add lukewarm water and knead to form soft dough.
- Make medium sized balls and roll out each ball on a board with a rolling pin.
- Make sure it is as thin as possible.
- Use a fork to prick on each circle. This allows the heat to spread everywhere so that it is cooked properly.
- Heat a pan and toast each circle for a couple of seconds. Flip the other side and cook for another second.
- Remove and cut into the desired shape.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the cut pieces until they are golden brown.
- Drain onto a kitchen towel.
Serve with salsa and sour cream. You can also relish it with a cup of Guacamole. You can store them in airtight containers for about a month.