Packed Organic Food- The Best Value in Market
Image Source: Logodatabase
- What is Organic Food?
Organic is the way agricultural products and meat products are grown. For a food product to be labeled organic, specific requirements are to be followed while they are grown and processed.
While growing organic crops and fruits, farmers cannot use synthetic pesticides, fertilizers or bioengineered genes (GMO). Organic livestock must have enough outdoor space to move around and should be given only organic feed. They cannot be given growth hormones, any antibiotics or animal by-products.
- Organic vs. Conventional
Organic foods have numerous health benefits. They contain more of the essential antioxidants than the conventionally produced foods. Conventional foods,which are loaded with preservatives, artificial flavors and chemicals, are bound to affect allergic people more than organic foods.
- Organic food is fresh
- Organic food contains lesser pesticides such as herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
- Organic farming methods are better for the environment as it reduces air, water and soil pollution, soil erosion, conserves water, increases soil fertility and uses less energy.
- Organic meat comes from animals which have not been given growth hormones or antibiotics and have not been fed animal byproducts. The animals are fed organic, Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)-free feed.
- Organic food is free from GMO.
- Organic Products vs. Conventional Products
- Organic foods donot contain pesticides while conventional products do.
- Organic products are grown using natural fertilizers like manure and compost while conventional products are grown using chemical fertilizers.
- Crop rotation, mulching, tilling and hand weeding methods are used to control weeds naturally while growing organic foods but conventional foods use chemical herbicides.
- Traps and birds are used to control pests and insects for organic products while conventional foods use insecticides for pest control.
- Meat and Dairy
- No antibiotics, growth hormones, pesticides or GMOs are used on organic meat and dairy while this is not true for conventional meat products.
- Organic livestock are fed organic feed while conventional livestock are injected with growth hormones for quick growth.
- Organic livestock are reared in clean housings and given a healthy diet to keep them disease-free. Conventional meat products come from animals which have been given antibiotics and medicines to prevent disease.
- Organic livestock and chicken must have access to sunlight, air and have freedom to move around while conventional livestock have restriction of movement.
- Benefits of Packed Fruit Juices
Many juices, which are labeled “healthy”, are packed with simple sugar like sucrose and HFCS, preservatives and do not contain essential fibers and antioxidants which are naturally found. Fruit juices must have as much as is possible the health benefits of the natural fruits which have antioxidants, vitamins, omega 3’s sterols and minerals. The antioxidants help to combat the signs of ageing and help us to age gracefully. The essential omega-3 fats present in the seed keep our heart and brain healthy while fibers take care of our digestive as well as the cardiovascular system.
Packed organic food does not contain any toxic residues of synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides or of artificial flavors, preservatives and colors. To get the best value for packed organic food in market click here.