Smoking Addiction: Natural Supplements To Quit Smoking
Image source- 123rf
Compelling reasons to stop smoking far outnumber effective ways to do so. Even the worst nicotine addict knows that nothing is worse for your health than cigarette smoke; the trouble that does not know how to quit smoking. Whether you’re a teen smoker or a lifetime pack-a-day smoker, quitting can be tough. It’s a really difficult task to quit smoking if a person becomes a chain smoker.
Effect of smoke addiction-
- Persistent cough
- Weakened immune system
- Increased heart rate
- Yellowing of teeth, nails, and skin
- Increased blood pressure
- Loss hearing
- Heartburn and reflux disease
- Ginseng- Ginseng can also help alleviate the frequency of cravings. It is considered a tonic for the adrenal glands and it helps re-establish proper cortisol levels in the bloodstream. Ginseng is an effective remedy to prevent the release of dopamine, one of the main components found in nicotine. A teaspoon of ginseng powder added to your breakfast cereal or morning health shake should help alleviate the number of cravings.
- Cayenne Pepper- Cayenne pepper also desensitizes the respiratory system to tobacco and chemical irritants contained in the smoke. Cayenne pepper is also one of the best natural remedies to stop smoking. Include the spice in your diet or mix a few pinches in a glass of water. Among many other things, cayenne pepper is an excellent remedy to help quell the cravings for a cigarette.
- Oats- Oats is an age-old remedy used to quit smoking. It is one of the best home remedies to stop smoking. Earth Clinic can provide you with advice on the best ways to quit smoking and to heal and detox your body after you have kicked the habit. Green oats, also known as avena sativa or wild oats, is an effective herbal treatment to help you quit smoking. Eating oats can help lower levels of bad cholesterol and keep arteries clear, which helps to lower risk of heart disease.
- Ginger- One of the most common withdrawal symptoms of smoking is nausea, which can be easily eased up by taking ginger juice. You can consume ginger in any form like- ginger tea or raw ginger; it is best remedy to quit smoking.
- Multivitamins- Smoking causes deficiency of a number of vital nutrients in our body. This can be replenished by supplements of Vitamin A, C and E. Consuming multi-vitamin and minerals are ultimate for quit smoking.
- Honey- Honey contains beneficial vitamins, enzymes and proteins, which help in giving up the habit of smoking with ease. Honey is ultimate remedy in lessening the craving for smoking.
- Try herbal cigarette- These are made with herbs, like mint, cinnamon, liquorice, lemongrass, corn silk, or clover. But, they should not be used for a longer period of time as it also contains some carcinogens. Smokers become used to reaching for a cigarette in certain situations and at specific times during the day. There are many herbal cigarettes in market which you can purchase from any online shopping sites and from any local stores.