Surprising Benefits Of Eating Chocolate
Image Source: Ringlead
People believe that chocolate causes weight gain. It surely does when consumed in large amount. However if you eat it at controlled amount then you are sure to enjoy the health benefits of this mouthwatering treat.
Made from the seeds of tropical Cacao tree, chocolates are then processed into its variety of dark chocolate and milk chocolate. Both are equally beneficial only when taken in controlled quantity.
Benefits of eating chocolate
- Lowers bad cholesterol- This is absolute truth. Regular consumption of a bar of chocolate helps in controlling and reducing LDL cholesterol level. This is because chocolate contains plant sterols and cocoa flavanols, which supports cardiovascular health.
- Chocolate reduces your chances of stroke and heart attack- Eating 45 grams chocolate each week may help you fight the chances of having a stroke. The antioxidants and flavonoids help your body to fight chances of stroke. It also prevents blood clot and prevents heart attack. Studies show that Chocolate eaters
- Chocolate can make your memory stronger- Chocolate and hot chocolates can help older people to retain their brain function. It can preserve bold flow in the brain. Cocoa extract called lavado decreases nerve blockage in patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Chocolate makes your heart happy- Dark Chocolate contains properties that can restrict white blood cells from sticking to the blood vessels. This helps in reducing the chances of artery clogging thereby keeping your heart healthy and happy
- Chocolate gives you healthy skin- Dark chocolate is good for your skin. Flavonoids present in dark chocolates protect your skin from harmful UV rays thus protecting you from cell damage.
- Feel good with chocolate- Chocolate consists of PEA, i.e. phenyl ethylamine or the love hormone. Your brain produces this same hormone when you are experiencing love. That is why eating chocolate feels like love. PEA releases endorphins or the happy hormone. Next time you bite into a bar of chocolate, remember that it is the purest form of love.
- Chocolates are storehouses of minerals- Yes chocolates are rich in minerals. Especially dark chocolates, which contain wide variety of minerals like zinc, selenium, potassium, iron etc.