Surprising Ways To Stop Gum Bleeding Naturally
Image source- dental.dentist
Bleeding gums is a condition which occurs due to gum infection, poor oral hygiene or it may be caused due to certain internal infection. Bleeding gums refers to a clinical state in which the gums appear swollen and often bleed during brushing your teeth or eating rough food. If not treated and controlled, it may get worse and develop into advanced and complicated stages of gums diseases. Bleeding gums could be a sign of a number of dental problems, but it's usually a symptom of gum disease. The bleeding is due to inflammation in the gums caused by build-up plaque or overly vigorous brushing. Here is some organic remedies to treat gum bleeding-
Causes of gum bleeding-
- Brushing too hard
- A vitamin deficiency
- Lack of clotting cells
- Pregnancy Gingivitis
- Mouth sores
- Gum massage- Gum massage is extremely important for maintaining healthy gums. It prevents bleeding in gums and it also helps to cure it. Gently massage the gums with your fingers after brushing your teeth results in good blood circulation. It provides good blood circulation to gums which prevents gum bleeding.
- Cloves: Cloves can either be kept in the mouth, chewed slowly, or clove oil can be rubbed on the gums. It is of the most effective treatments to cure gingivitis and other gum related diseases, so go with clove oil to treat bleeding gum. Clove oil helps to reduce the inflammation of gums and stops the gums from bleeding to a larger extent. Alternatively, keeping cloves in mouth and then chewing them slowly is also a good remedy.
- Diet for bleeding gums- To maintain oral hygiene you must eat foods that are useful for your dental health. Citrus fruits contain high amount of vitamin C. Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons, as well as vegetables, especially broccoli and cabbage, can prevent you from bleeding gums by providing adequate amounts of vitamin C. Chewing raw vegetables is a healthy habit. Fresh and raw vegetables are great for overall health improvement. Use plenty of them to make up for the deficiency. You can go with vitamin supplements
- Milk – If you are not intolerant to lactose and have no other problems relating to drinking milk, then it is one of the best home solutions. Milk is necessary for maintaining healthy teeth and gums as it contains calcium and proteins along with essential vitamins. Drink at 500 ml. milk daily to treat bleeding gums. Therefore, milk should be drunk on a regular basis for preventing bleeding gums. Massage your gums gently with milk on a daily basis.
- Peppermint Oil: Brushing your teeth with both peppermint and sage oil can be used, since these keep your mouth refreshing and clean. Tooth paste or mouthwashes containing these oils are very beneficial for teeth and gums health.
- Garlic & Honey- Honey is sweet, yet it is beneficial for gums because of its anti-bacterial properties. It is also rich in minerals and vitamins and provides the necessary nutrients for maintaining healthy gums. Garlic is a very powerful anti-biotic. When combined with organic honey, it forms a very powerful anti-bacterial tonic.