The Benefits Of Taking Chyavanprash Daily
Image Source: Dietofadietician
Do you remember your grandmother chasing you with a spoonful of chyavanprash? This is because that tablespoon of chyavanprash would be laden with an ocean of ultimate health benefits.
- Boosts the Immune System: Chyavanprash’s primary action involves the boosting of the immune system and our body’s natural ability to produce white blood cells and hemoglobin. The main ingredient of chyavanprash, the Indian gooseberry, helps the body to eliminate toxins and strengthen the liver, spleen and also the respiratory system thereby building a strong immune system. It thus, acts as a powerful anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral supplement.
- Builds a Healthy Respiratory System: It helps to build a strong respiratory system and promotes the healthy functioning of the lungs. Chyavanprash is especially beneficial for those suffering from asthma and chronic bronchitis. It protects your body from cough and cold and allergies which is the main reason why your grandmother forced Chyavanprash down your mouth.
- Strengthens the Digestive System: Chyavanprash is loaded with phytonutrients and helps improve digestion and also cleanses the alimentary canal. It aids in the absorption of nutrients. Consuming Chyavanprash daily helps to strengthen the intestine and improves its peristaltic movements which eases bowel movements. Though its fiber content is less, it can help during constipation due to the presence of some herbs which helps during constipation. It provides relief from flatulence, nausea and diarrhea.
- Anti-Ageing Properties: The herbs in Chyavanprash have potent antioxidants and rejuvenating properties and is used as an anti-ageing supplement. It helps in the delaying of the ageing of the cells and can keep one youthful and young. Chyavanprash strengthens the heart has the power to improve oxygen supply to the brain.
- Improves Sexual Potency and Reproductive System: Chyavanprash was originally formulated to restore vitality and nourish and revitalize the reproductive tissues. Chyavanprash promotes a healthy libido and improves sexual potency in both men and also women.
- Rejuvenating Medicine: During chronic diseases, the body loses strength and its ability to repair. Chyavanprash is a rejuvenating medicine, helping the body to repair and rejuvenate the cells and the tissues. It aids in restoring good health, builds immunity and can also reduce symptoms of the chronic disease.
- Other Health Benefits: Chyavanprash stimulates the liver, purifies blood, keeps the sensory organs hale and hearty, helps in better absorption of calcium, increases hemoglobin in pregnant women, helps in the regulation of the menstrual cycle in women, strengthens the hair, enriches one’s complexion and is also used for building muscles by body builders.
With its innumerable health benefits, it is no wonder that this supplement was a favorite home-remedy of the old-timers for both the young and the not-so-young. To know more about chyavanprash click here.