Want to be a lean mean fighting machine, try a sports diet
Image source: Iwanttobefit
‘Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live’- Jim Rohn
There are times when we are up to some shopping spree and our eyes get laid on one particular dress. But, alas! The dress doesn’t fit in. All of us have been subjected to such situations. So here is some good news, if you wish to be a lean mean fighting machine then you should try out a sports diet.
Now sports and nutrition are interrelated. It is apparent that sportsmen go for a very nutritious and a healthy diet since they have to work out rigorously. So keeping in mind their body composition, nutritional and energy needs, proper attention is given to the following:
- Selection of food.
- Timing of food intake.
- Selection of the right nutritional
So here are some basic sports nutrition tips:
- Take a healthy and a balanced diet: it is advisable to ensure that the food being consumed must have vitamins, minerals and complex carbohydrates.
- Don’t go for fasting: it is not recommended to starve yourself in order to achieve the desirable body structure. Rather, eating the right amount of food with correct nutritive composition will yield the same and even better results.
- The intake of fat should be in a moderate and controlled amount: 20-25% of the energy should come from fats.
- Fluids: it is vital to drink adequate amount of fluids and lots and lots of water.
The following are mandatory to be inculcated in your diet plan:
For the building and the maintenance of body mass carbohydrates play a crucial role. They provide the body with the required energy and hence they should be taken in appropriate amounts. The food items that contain carbohydrates are rice, potatoes, bread, peas and carrots (starchy vegetables).
It is preferable to chose brown rice over white rice.
Now they are known as the building blocks of our body. Apart from this, they are also required for repairing the damaged muscles and tissues. Protein rich food comes in the form of cheese, milk, peanut butter, soy etc.
- Iron, vitamins and minerals:
Vitamins and minerals help in the production of new blood cells and also are the oxygen carriers in our blood stream. Vegetables and fruits are imbibed with vitamins and minerals. So make sure to have them in ample amount in your diet. And the best part is they can be consumed in any amount since they will only add up to the healthy lifestyle. So go green!
Last, but definitely not the least. Water must be consumed in plenty. They replenish the potassium ions lost after sweating. You can also go for various sports drink and other healthy drinks such as the amla and aloe Vera juice.So adhere to all this and your dream of having that ideal physique and persona is not far away. Try out our healthy products, just click here.