What makes tea and coffee so popular?
Image Source: The color of tea
Tea and coffee aren’t just beverages any more. They have become social drinks that are enjoyed relaxingly. Be it the start of a day, break at workplace or lounging in evening, tea and coffee are enjoyed a great deal. Tea and coffee are the most consumed beverages and carry several benefits. Let us know what makes tea and coffee so popular –
- Sidelining the caffeine content in coffee, it is loaded with several antioxidants like polyphenols and hydrocinnamic.
- Coffee is considered good for heart and its daily intake of 3 to 5 cups is known to reduce risk of stroke. Medical researches show that coffee’s moderate consumption can be beneficial in curtailing Type 2 diabetes and preventing the onset of cardiovascular disease.
- Intake of coffee is also a preventive factor for calcium deposits in arteries. It prevents the plaque buildup that is known to harden the arteries.
- Drinking coffee keeps your mind focused and alert. It keeps brain healthy and encourages cognitive performance.
- Intake of 4 to 5 cups of coffee decreases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia up to 65 percent. Caffeine content initiates production of new neurons and activates brain’s stem cells.
- Presence of polyphenols in coffee curtails the development of pathways that lead to cells’ inflammation or tumors. It also lowers the risk of skin cancer, specifically melanoma.
More Reasons to Drink Coffee…
- It lowers blood sugar
- It increase rate of metabolism
- It reduces body’s sensitivity to insulin
- It reduces inflammation
- It lowers the risk of respiratory disease and associated infections
- Tea is a common and a popular drink for its considerable boiling kills germs and pathogens thus making it a safe drink.
- There are varieties of teas available like green tea, oolong tea and white tea. Each variety of tea is oxidized at different levels and carries their own beneficial effects.
- Teas are loaded with antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavonoids, catechins etc that are beneficial in many illnesses.
- Regular drinking of tea has positive effect on Parkinson’s and Alzheimer's diseases, thus indicating at lesser mental decline.
- Regular intake of green tea burns superfluous fat and increases the rate of fat oxidation. Intake of tea before meals helps with weight loss.
- Drinking tea is encouragingly associated with lowering of type 2 diabetes and associated ailments.
More Reasons to Drink Tea
- A dash of lemon juice in tea feeds body of good dosage of Vitamin C that is highly beneficial.
- Organic teas like green or black teas are grown without pesticides and render many health benefits.
- Drink tea without milk and your body would benefit by better absorption of beneficial chlorogenic acids.