Why Is Dark Chocolate Recommended For Daily Consumption
Image Source: Curejoy
It is a fact that we all have had some or the other guilty pleasures and more often than not for most of us it has been a bite of your favorite chocolate. It has eternally been that one good thing which people say is not good for you if you eat too much. But then again everything in excess is bad, so chocolate is just following that rule. But here is good news. Not all chocolate is bad, Dark chocolate according to multiple studies has been proven to have plenty of health benefits. Here is a multitude of reasons why you are allowed to have dark chocolate once in a while.
Here Is Why You Have To Drown Yourself In DARK Chocolate:
- Anti-Oxidants: Cocoa is one of those fruits that has been found to contain the highest concentrations of anti-oxidants in the form of polyphenols, flavanols, catechins, among others. These help flush away all the toxic accumulations of free radicals in your body.
- Reduce Blood Pressure: Flavanols found in dark chocolate plays an important role in the stimulation for secretion of Nitric Oxide(NO) in the blood. NO plays an important role relaxing the arteries by reducing the resistance to blood flow thereby reducing blood pressure. So when you feel hot tempered pop in a dark chocolate piece.
- Increase HDL: It plays an active role in supplementing the increase of HDL or good cholesterol in the blood while at the same time preventing the oxidation of LDL or bad cholesterol that could possibly lead to tissue damage by LDL. So not only does it give you HDL it blocks LDL activation too.
- Good For Brain Function: So that's why we didn't get as much marks as the topper in our class. She/he was having more dark chocolate than us. It has been proven that dark chocolate enhances blood flow in the brain thus increasing the functional capacity of the brain and thus increasing brain function.
- Heart Health: It has been observed that by aiding lower blood pressure, controlling cholesterol levels and keeping body tissue less toxic dark chocolate plays an important role in maintaining heart health. It has been proven in studies that people who consume dark chocolate had a 50% lesser risk of contracting cardio vascular diseases.
- Stress Relief/ Pleasure: Of course if not for all the other reasons this one should definitely trick you into eating dark chocolate. Having a treat or giving yourself small treats once in a while has been reported to show decreased levels of tension and anxiety in people. So surprise yourself, enjoy yourself, have a dark chocolate bar!!
So this list is a non-exhaustive list but due to word restrictions we have to stop here, but of course these are reasons enough to try some dark chocolate. To view some of our dark chocolate products visit.